Auto Craftsmen * 326 State Street, Montpelier, VT 05602 * (802) 223-2253
Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:00 am to 5:30 pm
We Challenge You to Find Another Shop in Montpelier, Vermont
that only has ASE Certified Master Technicians on Staff
and that Will Guarantee Their Work Like We Do!
Our Unique 10 Step Repair Procedure
We’re out to change your mind about what getting your auto serviced should be like. We’ve got the best auto repair facility in Montpelier, VT and the surrounding area, period.
Before we touch a thing on your auto, we start out by listening to you and what you have to say about the problem! Our experience guides us to ask the right questions that will help identify the problem. The root cause of the problem may not be what you think or have been told. This conversation often saves both of us time and can save you a lot of money.
Upon arriving for your appointment, we then start our process…
1) Listening: We’ll document exactly what you tell us you are experiencing – listening for all the details and symptoms. If it’s a ‘Weird One” then please ask to speak to a technician so they get all the facts before they start the job of diagnosing your problem.
2) Best Tech for the job: We assign one of our Technicians that is best suited to your auto’s particular problem, based on his skill, education & experience. Our two technicians are both ASE Certified Master Technicians that ALSO have their L1 Certification!
3) Test Drive: If you are available we really want you to come on a test drive with one of our technicians to point out that noise, vibration or feeling that is bothering you. If you’re not around, we still test drive the auto to determine if we can see, hear, or feel what you described.
4) Inspection: We feel that shops are doing you a dis-service if they are not looking over your vehicle every time it comes in for service. We are often able to catch a small problem before it becomes a big, expensive repair down the road. This inspection gives us an overview of your vehicles mechanical, electrical and fluid systems overall condition. It doesn’t make sense to spend your money on a tune-up if it needs brakes. We feel it’s imperative to have the complete picture before giving you our expert opinion on how to solve your automotive problems.
5) Estimate: We will create an estimate that is organized and priced out in order of priority:
-Problems you wanted diagnosed
-Items(s) required for Safety or System Integrity Issues
-Recommended Preventative Maintenance Items.
6) We will not do any repairs on your vehicle without your approval: We won’t begin the repair process until you thoroughly understand what the repairs and process will be, the costs involved, how long it will take and you’re comfortable with what we’re going to do. Then and only then, do we begin the repair work.
7) The Repair: After getting your approval our expert technicians will carry out the repairs and/or maintenance as described to the highest standard.
8) Double Checking our Work: Once the repairs or maintenance work is completed your vehicle will be tested and taken on another test drive as required.
9) We will contact you when your vehicle is finished and ready for pick up. We have a shuttle service that goes into the greater Montpelier area if you need a ride.
10) Courtesy Call: We often times will call you in a couple of days to ensure everything is going smoothly for you and your car! We want to make sure your are completely satisfied with our customer service and vehicle repairs.
When we say we’re the BEST auto repair facility in Montpelier, VT and the surrounding areas, we mean it!
P.S. And, after completing that entire process, we back up all of our work with our Lifetime Warranty Program. See our page on our warranty for more information.
P.P.S. Click Here to find out how you can become an Auto Craftsmen
‘Car Care Club Member’ and save $519.75 in auto repair and service!
Auto Craftsmen * 326 State Street * Montpelier, VT 05602
To make an appointment: phone us right away at (802) 223-2253
or Email: Service@autocraftsmen.com
Amy and her Auto Craftsmen Team!
Amy Mattinat is the owner of Auto Craftsmen.
Amy loves Cars & Trucks and Things that Go! She is passionate about Automotive Excellence. She feels that education and communication is the key to a great automotive sales and repair experience.
Her book: “How To Buy A Great Used Car,” is available for free at Auto Craftsmen. She writes a monthly newsletter, a magazine column for Vermont Women Magazine and has an automotive blog.
Free Women Car Care Clinics and How to Buy a Used Car Classes are taught by Amy and her Auto Craftsmen on a regular basis.
She is a board member on the education committee for the Women’s Car Care Council, belongs to WAAI (Women’s Automotive Association International,) is on the Automotive Expert Women Advisory Panel of AskPatty.com.
She is a member of the Montpelier Rotary Club, WBON (Women Business Owner Networking) and is on the board of CVEDC (Central Vermont Economic Development Corporation). Amy is the Coordinator of Central Vermont ‘Toys for Tots’ and is always running automotive specials to collect food for the Vermont Food Bank.
Kevin started working at Auto Craftsmen in 2000 right out of high school.
He is a gifted ASE Certified Master Technician & & ASE Certified L1 / Advanced Engine Performance Specialist
Kevin is one of the most conscientious people I’ve ever met.
He takes care of automotive problems quickly and correctly every time.
He’s a pleasure to work with and has a wonderful sense of humor.
I’m proud to have him as a cornerstone of our organization.
Paul is exceptionally thorough with each and every job he does. He’s also an extremely hard worker and truly enjoys what he does. Paul attended Vermont Technical College and received the ‘Vermont Automobile Dealers Association Award’ that goes to the graduating senior with the highest academic average in the Automotive Technology Program
Paul is an ASE Master Certified Technician & ASE Certified L1 / Advanced Engine Performance Specialist and has enough certificates and training to cover most of the walls in the office.
I’m proud to have him as yet another cornerstone of our organization.
Marc Yakubosky is our Service Advisor. He brings a lifetime of experience and knowledge to the table.
He was the service advisor trainer for Hummer and Indian Motorcycle dealerships around the country. Once he moved to Vermont he wanted a job where he didn’t have to travel and could
concentrate on his passion of theater and go skiing in the winter.
You will find Marc at the shop every day always ready to help!
I feel very lucky someone with Marc’s experience and knowledge runs the helm of Auto Craftsmen.
Auto Craftsmen is the only independent shop in Washington County that is AAA Approved
The only repair shop in the state of Vermont that is a www.AskPatty.com Certified Female Friendly Repair Shop
Member of the BBB (Better Business Bureau)
- ASE Blue Seal of Excellence Recognized Auto Repair Shop (1 of only 3 Auto Repair Blue Seal Shops in Vermont)
2 ASE Master Technicians on Staff who + both have their ASE Advanced level Specialist Certification = Automobile Advanced Engine performance
- Winner of the 2010 Times Argus “Best of the Best” in Auto Repair & Customer Service!
We are Automotive Professionals.
We love taking care of cars.
We specialize in keeping our client’s vehicles safe and reliable.
We enjoy keeping cars running as long as is practical.150,000 to 250,000 miles is not unusual.
We want all of our clients to be fully informed and comfortable with all aspects of their vehicles operation and care. Our goal is to take the fear out of auto repair.
We work hard everyday to take care of clients vehicles quickly and correctly.
We are setting a new standard in the automotive industry for quality of customer service and repairs. We are working every day to improve all aspects of our service.
Please let us know if there is anything that does not meet your expectations or if you have a suggestion to help improve our service.
We would like to develop a personal relationship with each and every client, and want to exceed your expectations of what a repair shop is in every way!
We realize that when it comes to automotive service you have a choice, and we thank you sincerely for choosing Auto Craftsmen for all your vehicle needs!
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
326 State Street * Montpelier, VT
(next door to The Dairy Creme’)
To make an appointment call us now at (802) 223-2253
or Email: Service@autocraftsmen.com