10 Step Repair Procedure
We’re out to change your mind about what getting your auto serviced should be like. We’ve got the best auto repair facility in Montpelier, VT and the surrounding area, period.
Before we touch a thing on your auto, we start out by listening to you and what you have to say about the problem! Our experience guides us to ask the right questions that will help identify the problem. The root cause of the problem may not be what you think or have been told. This conversation often saves both of us time and can save you a lot of money.
Upon arriving for your appointment, we then start our process…
1) Listening: We’ll document exactly what you tell us you are experiencing – listening for all the details and symptoms. If it’s a ‘Weird One” then please ask to speak to a technician so they get all the facts before they start the job of diagnosing your problem.
2) Best Tech for the job: We assign one of our Technicians that is best suited to your auto’s particular problem, based on his skill, education & experience. Our two technicians are both ASE Certified Master Technicians that ALSO have their L1 Certification!
3) Test Drive: If you are available we really want you to come on a test drive with one of our technicians to point out that noise, vibration or feeling that is bothering you. If you’re not around, we still test drive the auto to determine if we can see, hear, or feel what you described.
4) Inspection: We feel that shops are doing you a dis-service if they are not looking over your vehicle every time it comes in for service. We are often able to catch a small problem before it becomes a big, expensive repair down the road. This inspection gives us an overview of your vehicles mechanical, electrical and fluid systems overall condition. It doesn’t make sense to spend your money on a tune-up if it needs brakes. We feel it’s imperative to have the complete picture before giving you our expert opinion on how to solve your automotive problems.
5) Estimate: We will create an estimate that is organized and priced out in order of priority:
-Problems you wanted diagnosed
-Items(s) required for Safety or System Integrity Issues
-Recommended Preventative Maintenance Items.
6) We will not do any repairs on your vehicle without your approval: We won’t begin the repair process until you thoroughly understand what the repairs and process will be, the costs involved, how long it will take and you’re comfortable with what we’re going to do. Then and only then, do we begin the repair work.
7) The Repair: After getting your approval our expert technicians will carry out the repairs and/or maintenance as described to the highest standard.
8) Double Checking our Work: Once the repairs or maintenance work is completed your vehicle will be tested and taken on another test drive as required.
9) We will contact you when your vehicle is finished and ready for pick up. We have a shuttle service that goes into the greater Montpelier area if you need a ride.
10) Courtesy Call: We often times will call you in a couple of days to ensure everything is going smoothly for you and your car! We want to make sure your are completely satisfied with our customer service and vehicle repairs.
When we say we’re the BEST auto repair facility in Montpelier, VT and the surrounding areas, we mean it!
P.S. And, after completing that entire process, we back up all of our work with our Lifetime Warranty Program. See our page on our warranty for more information.
P.P.S. Click Here to find out how you can become an Auto Craftsmen ‘Car Care Club Member’ and save $519.75 in auto repair and service!
To make an appointment: phone us right away at (802) 223-2253 or Email: Service@autocraftsmen.com
We want your visit to Auto Craftsmen to be a
With your suggestions, we have created the most comfortable waiting room in any automotive service center in the state of Vermont. We provide a variety of coffees, teas, hot chocolate and munchies in case you get hungry.
We have a comfy couch, a kid’s corner and a lending library full of wonderful books that we enjoy sharing with you! We have also provided you with a comfortable workstation. Many a client brings in their laptops (we have free Wi-Fi) and either get some work done or play on facebook!
Talk about comfortable. Put your feet up, recline back and relax. Yes, we have had folks take a cat nap while waiting for an oil change. Our clean, comfortable waiting room with classical music in the background, has made waiting for automotive service at Auto Craftsmen down right fun. If you can’t wait we also provide a shuttle service and have five loaner cars to make getting your car repaired or serviced as convenient as possible.
To make an appointment,
Give Marc or Erica a call at
(802) 223-2253 or
Auto Craftsmen is the only independent shop in Washington County that is AAA Approved
- The only repair shop in the state of Vermont that is a www.AskPatty.com Certified Female Friendly Repair Shop
- BBB (Better Business Bureau) Accredited
- ASE Blue Seal of Excellence Recognized Auto Repair Shop (1 of only 3 Auto Repair Blue Seal Shops in Vermont)
- ASE Master Technician on Staff who has both ASE Advanced level Specialist Certification & ASE Automobile Advanced Engine performance Certification
- Winner of the 2012-2013 Women’s Board of the Car Care Council’s ‘Top Shop Owner’
To make an appointment: phone us right away at (802) 223-2253
or Email: Service@autocraftsmen.com